Gerry A. Giurato
Gerry Giurato is a litigation lawyer in Jacksonville, FL, with experience handling securities, complex commercial and intellectual property, employment, ERISA, insurance coverage disputes, life and disability insurance claims, and product liability cases.
He is admitted to The Florida Bar and licensed to practice in United States District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida.
Mr. Giurato was born in Jacksonville. He attended Princeton University, where he earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics. After college, he went to work for Lehman Brothers in New York City on the foreign-exchange trading desk. Mr. Giurato then returned to Florida to earn his law degree, summa cum laude, from the University of Miami, where he graduated third in his class. While at the University of Miami, he also served as a teaching assistant in Torts and Constitutional Law.
Mr. Giurato began his legal career as an associate in Miami, Florida, with the international law firm of Hogan Lovells and then with the boutique commercial litigation law firm Kenny Nachwalter. He was selected by his peers as a Super Lawyer (2017-present) and Super Lawyer Rising Star (2015-2016).
While not practicing law, Mr. Giurato spends time with his wife and 2 children.
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions:
- Hogan Lovells – Miami, Florida
- Kenny Nachwalter, P.A. – Miami, Florida
- Lehman Brothers – New York, New York
Assistant: Page Marchman
Phone: (904) 380-8079
Areas of Practice:
- Commercial/Business Litigation
- FINRA/SEC/State Regulatory
- Product Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- Life/Disability Insurance Claims
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D. (summa cum laude, order of the coif)
- Princeton University, B.A., Economics
- The Florida Bar
- US District Court, Northern District of Florida
- US District Court, Middle District of Florida
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida