Davis D. Balz
Davis D. Balz is a litigation associate handling matters involving business disputes, securities disputes, regulatory investigations, broker-dealers, financial services firms, product liability, and general complex commercial litigation. Mr. Balz also has experience representing contractors, owners, and condominium associations in a variety of construction litigation matters.
Mr. Balz earned his law degree from the University of Florida College of Law where he graduated in the top 10% of his class. Mr. Balz received his Bachelor’s degree in finance and economics from the College of William and Mary.
Prior to joining Murphy & Anderson, Mr. Balz worked as an analyst for a national consulting firm and several real estate development services companies. Mr. Balz began his legal career as a litigation associate with Gunster, Yoakley & Stewart.
Mr. Balz was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida, and graduated from the International Baccalaureate program at Stanton College Preparatory School. In his free time, he enjoys playing sports and spending time with his wife.
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Member
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Pupil
Past Employment Positions:
- Gunster, Yoakley & Stewart, P.A., Associate
- Bedell, Dittmar, DeVault, Pillans & Coxe, P.A., Clerk
Paralegal: Stephanie Cassidy
Phone: (833) 510-2464
Areas of Practice:
- Business Litigation
- Securities & Banking
- FINRA/SEC/State Regulatory
- Professional Liability
- Product Liability
- Fiduciary & Trust
- Insurance & Bad Faith
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate & Developer
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D. (cum laude)
- College of William & Mary, B.B.A.
- The Florida Bar
- US District Court, Northern District of Florida
- US District Court, Middle District of Florida
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida