Davis D. Balz
Davis D. Balz is an experienced litigation associate handling matters involving business disputes, securities disputes, regulatory investigations, broker-dealers, financial services firms, product liability, and general complex commercial litigation. Mr. Balz also has substantial experience representing contractors, owners, developers, and associations in a variety of real estate and construction litigation matters, including design/construction defect claims, liens, and contract disputes.
Mr. Balz was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (2018-2019). He is also listed in Super Lawyers Rising Star (2017-2019), Florida Trend’s Legal Elite Up and Comer (2019), and Jacksonville Magazine’s Best Lawyers (2018). Mr. Balz earned his law degree from the University of Florida College of Law where he graduated in the top 10% of his class. He received his Bachelor’s degree in finance and economics from the College of William and Mary.
Prior to joining Murphy & Anderson, Mr. Balz worked as an analyst for a national consulting firm and several real estate development services companies. He began his legal career as a litigation associate with Gunster, Yoakley & Stewart.
Mr. Balz was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. In his free time, he enjoys playing sports and spending time with his wife and son
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Member
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Barrister (2018-2019); Associate (2015-2016); Pupil (2011-2012)
Past Employment Positions:
- Gunster, Yoakley & Stewart, P.A., Associate
- Bedell, Dittmar, DeVault, Pillans & Coxe, P.A., Clerk
Paralegal: Gamble Herman
Phone: (904) 380-8086
Areas of Practice:
- Business Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Real Estate & Developer
- Securities & Banking
- FINRA/SEC/State Regulatory
- Professional Liability
- Product Liability
- Fiduciary & Trust
- Insurance & Bad Faith
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D. (cum laude)
- College of William & Mary, B.B.A.
- The Florida Bar
- US District Court, Northern District of Florida
- US District Court, Middle District of Florida
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida