Davis D. Balz
Davis D. Balz is an experienced litigation lawyer handling matters involving business disputes, securities disputes, regulatory investigations, broker-dealers, financial services firms, product liability, and general complex commercial litigation. Mr. Balz also has substantial experience representing contractors, owners, developers, and associations in a variety of real estate and construction litigation matters, including design/construction defect claims, liens, and contract disputes.
Mr. Balz was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (2018-2020). He is also listed in Super Lawyers Rising Star (2017-2020), Florida Trend’s Legal Elite Up and Comer (2019-2020), and Jacksonville Magazine’s Best Lawyers (2018-2020). Mr. Balz earned his law degree from the University of Florida College of Law where he graduated in the top 10% of his class. He received his Bachelor’s degree in finance and economics from the College of William and Mary.
Prior to joining Murphy & Anderson, Mr. Balz worked as an analyst for a national consulting firm and several real estate development services companies. He began his legal career as a litigation associate with Gunster, Yoakley & Stewart.
Mr. Balz was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. In his free time, he enjoys playing sports and spending time with his wife and son.
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Member
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Barrister (2018-2019); Associate (2015-2016); Pupil (2011-2012)
Past Employment Positions:
- Gunster, Yoakley & Stewart, P.A., Associate
- Bedell, Dittmar, DeVault, Pillans & Coxe, P.A., Clerk
Paralegal: Gamble Herman
Phone: (904) 380-8086
Areas of Practice:
- Business Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Real Estate & Developer
- Securities & Banking
- FINRA/SEC/State Regulatory
- Professional Liability
- Product Liability
- Fiduciary & Trust
- Insurance & Bad Faith
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D. (cum laude)
- College of William & Mary, B.B.A.
- The Florida Bar
- US District Court, Northern District of Florida
- US District Court, Middle District of Florida
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida