Lawton R. Graves
Lawton R. Graves is a litigation lawyer with experience handling matters involving securities disputes, regulatory investigations, compliance with state and federal securities laws, financial services firms, product liability and product performance, business disputes, commercial litigation, employment disputes, and foreclosures. Mr. Graves has handled cases in over 25 states.
Mr. Graves was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America and is listed in Florida Trend’s Legal Elite Up and Comer. Mr. Graves graduated magna cum laude from the Florida State University College of Law in the top 10% of his class and was an active member of the FSU Law Review. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Graves earned his Bachelor’s degree in Finance from Florida State University.
Before joining Murphy & Anderson in 2010, Mr. Graves’ work experience included a position as a summer associate with the Jacksonville office of McGuireWoods, LLP. While earning his undergraduate degree, Mr. Graves also worked with the Jacksonville State Attorney’s Office and participated in the Jacksonville Collegiate Leadership Program.
Mr. Graves was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida, and graduated from the International Baccalaureate program at the Stanton College Preparatory School. In his free time, he enjoys playing soccer and tennis, and spending time with his wife and daughters.
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Member
- Bedell Inn of Court, Associate (2015); Barrister (2019-present)
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA), Member
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Member
Civic Organizations & Volunteer Work:
- American Red Cross – Northeast Florida Region, Board of Directors (2018-2021)
- St. Johns Presbyterian Kindergarten & Preschool, Board of Directors (2014-2016)
Assistant: Gamble Herman
Phone: (904) 380-8086
Areas of Practice:
- Business Litigation
- Securities & Banking
- FINRA/SEC/State Regulatory
- Professional Liability
- Product Liability
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D. (magna cum laude)
- Law Review
- Florida State University, B.S., Finance
- The Florida Bar
- US District Court, Northern District of Florida
- US District Court, Middle District of Florida
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida
- US Court of Appeals 11th Circuit