Geddes D. Anderson, Jr.
Geddes D. Anderson, Jr. is an experienced “AV” rated trial, appellate and arbitration attorney whose practice emphasizes litigation of civil cases. Prior to founding Murphy & Anderson, Mr. Anderson was a Jacksonville litigation attorney and partner with the litigation law firm Liles, Gavin, Costantino & Murphy. He has handled hundreds of civil cases, including matters relating to business litigation, non-compete agreements, business dissolution, business valuation, bid contests, public records, receiverships and receiver matters, temporary injunctions, preliminary injunctions, estate and trust matters, attorney grievance matters, professional liability, product liability, trucking accident cases, contract disputes, securities litigation, fiduciary disputes, and personal injury matters. Mr. Anderson also handles criminal matters in federal and State Court.
He is admitted to The Florida Bar and licensed to practice in all State and federal courts in Florida, including the United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, and Middle Districts of Florida, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. As a Jacksonville litigation attorney, Mr. Anderson has successfully tried more than 60 jury trials and bench trials, presented numerous oral arguments before Florida District Courts of Appeal, and has handled hundreds of arbitrations in AAA, JAMS, and FINRA.
Mr. Anderson is also Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Business Litigation, the highest level of recognition for specialization by The Florida Bar, requiring significant trial experience, rigorous testing, and peer review. He has an “AV Preeminent” rating in the renowned Martindale-Hubbell legal directory, which is reserved for attorneys who have “usually practiced for many years, and [are] recognized for the highest levels of professional excellence.” Mr. Anderson served as President of the Jacksonville Bar Association, whose membership exceeds 2100 attorney members. He has served on the Board of Governors for the Jacksonville Bar Association since 2005. Mr. Anderson is a member of the Federal Bar Association and Trial Lawyers Section of The Florida Bar. Mr. Anderson was selected by his peers among the Best Lawyers in America (2012-present), including Lawyer of the Year in Litigation – Securities in 2018 and Lawyer of the Year in Product Liability Litigation-Defendants in 2017. He has been recognized in “Florida Super Lawyers” (2009-present), including “Top 100 Lawyers in Florida” for 2015, 2016, and 2017 and “Top 25 Lawyers in Jacksonville, Florida for 2018.” Mr. Anderson has been recognized in Florida Trend's "Legal Elite" (2010-present). He also serves as a Master in the prestigious Chester Bedell Inn of Court.
Mr. Anderson attended law school at the University of Florida, where his strong advocacy and writing skills earned him a position as a Teaching Assistant for Appellate Advocacy, a member of the Defense Counsel for the University of Florida Student Honor Court, and a student member of the Chester Bedell Inn of Court. After graduating from law school, Mr. Anderson accepted a position as an Assistant State Attorney, where he gained extensive jury trial experience prosecuting cases ranging from murder to financial crimes.
Mr. Anderson was born in Atlanta, Georgia, and lived in Greenwood, South Carolina, and Pensacola, Florida, before attending the University of Florida for undergraduate studies. At the University of Florida, Mr. Anderson held a variety of elected and appointed leadership positions in student government and other student organizations, including Florida Blue Key Honor Fraternity. Mr. Anderson earned his B.S.B.A. in Finance with honors. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Anderson worked in the financial industry for Merrill Lynch & Company. Mr. Anderson resides in Jacksonville, Florida, with his wife and 3 children.
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Board Certified in Business Litigation (2011-present)
- The Florida Bar, Grievance Committee, Fourth Judicial Circuit (2009-2012)
- Trial Lawyers Section
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Member
- President (2016-2017)
- President-Elect (2015-2016)
- Treasurer (2014-2015)
- Secretary (2013-2014)
- Board of Directors (2005-2017)
- Securities Industry & Financial Markets Association, Member
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court (2013-2014 – Master; 2005-2008 – Barrister, 1996-1999 – Pupil)
- Board of Trustees for St. Mark’s Episcopal Day School (2014-2017)
- All Saints Episcopal Church, Vestry Member (2017-present)
- Florida Trucking Association, Member
- Northeast Florida Builders Association, Member
Past Employment Positions:
- Liles, Gavin, Costantino & Murphy (Partner)
- Assistant State Attorney, Fourth Judicial Circuit of Florida
- Merrill Lynch & Co.
- AT&T Wireless, formerly McCaw Cellular Communications
- Teaching Assistant, Appellate Advocacy, University of Florida College of Law
- Instructor, West Publishing Securities Litigation Program
- Instructor, The Florida Bar, Practicing with Professionalism Seminar
- Florida Blue Key Honor Fraternity
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon
Assistant: Page Marchman
Phone: (833) 510-2464
Areas of Practice:
- Business Litigation
- Securities & Banking
- FINRA/SEC/State Regulatory
- Creditors Rights
- Professional Liability
- Fiduciary & Trust
- Product Liability
- Insurance & Bad Faith
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate & Developer
- White Collar Criminal
- Government Investigations
- Civil Rights/Employment
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.S.B.A (with honors)
- The Florida Bar
- US District Court Northern District of Florida
- US District Court Middle District of Florida
- US District Court Southern District of Florida
- US Court of Appeals 11th Circuit